Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Proscrastination of the Dish Washer

It is 9:35 p.m. Thursday evening. The kids are asleep and I have a pile of dishes hanging out in the kitchen waiting for me. For some reason doing dishes does not sound particularly appealing at the moment. Here are some other things I could be doing. Laundry (you don't want to know), vacuuming (nope, too loud), exercising (maybe, but then it would just take longer to go to sleep), planning tomorrow's dinner (I could, but it's Friday tomorrow, we can wing it), cleaning my room (I think I would need three large bins to throw all the toys in that have migrated to my "personal relaxation space" Ha!), blogging... oh wait, almost done. Blast. I could be sorting and organizing the papers that have landed on the kitchen counter over the last 4 days (too easy). I could go to bed early!...but I won't be able to sleep knowing I've got a pile of dirty dishes sitting out, with food hardening to their surfaces... Drat. I've got to go do the dishes. Oh wait! There's the buzzer, got to go change the water. :)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I often tell my wife to wait on the dishes so I can do them later. There are so many other good things to do with time.