Monday, September 24, 2007

Mom, move over...

My parents stayed with us over the weekend, they left this morning to head back home. CC was ordained to the office of a deacon at church on Sunday by his Grandpa who has recently recovered from a triple bypass and doing quite well (thank you heavenly father). It was a great day.

Anyway, it is always fun to have Grandma and Grandpa here, but when they are here, they sleep in cc's large queen bed and cc gets raspberry's bed and thus raspberry sleeps with mom.

So last night about 1:30 in the morning I get this poke in my cheek, "mom, I want to lay with you". I said, "you are, go back to sleep okay". I could tell she was sitting up staring at me, so I said, "what's the matter". She replied with an agitated "I don't have a spot." I sat up, switched on the lamp and assessed the situation. I was on the far edge of my rather large queen bed with one pillow. She on the other hand had my other 4 pillows, all of the blankets, 5 stuffed animals and the rest of the bed. I said, "What spot do you want?" and she pointed to mine. Fine. Have it. Somethings aren't worth arguing about. I moved over to the other side. As I laid back down she said, "Hey, where's my drink?".

I really feel bad for her future husband.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....must run in your side of the family haha. Both N and A have to sleep in my bed, which is a small full....while they have their own bed, which is also a full. So....N sleeps sideways with his feet or his head in my back, or he sleeps upside down with his feet in my stomach. A, meanwhile, sleeps as if she is trying to meld herself into my side. Your dear brother, on the other, sleeps on the couch (Don't ask me why! He says he prefers it!) so all he has to contend with is falling off the edge.

I think he's got the better deal.