Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Braxton's blessing day

The years goes by so fast and I can't make them slow down. Sometimes I wish they would stop and let me rewind, just for a moment, so I could savor him as a little boy again. He is an amazing young man. Last night he asked me if I could name any talents he has. I rattled off ten in less than 30 seconds and could have kept going with many more, but he left my room smiling. As I was making dinner last night he came in and stood next to me. I had to glance up to look at his face and I asked him if he had grown again. He just shrugged and grinned. I felt a fleeting twinge of sadness. It came and left as different parts of him do everyday now. The small hands are gone, the small feet. The crooked teeth are straight, the toys he carried around now forgotten. There is a phone in his pocket, and he no longer has holes in his jeans from crawling around on the playground. I can't rest my chin on his head anymore, but the youthful face is still there. That's good. I'm not ready to let go of that yet.


Braxton. Baptism Day. Age: 8 years, 2 weeks.

Braxton. Blessing Day. Age: 13 years, 11 months, 1 week.
we have the same smile.

His blessing was beautiful and the Patriarch's home felt like a temple. We took Ryan and Alli with us of course. I can't wait to read it. I hope he lets me.

No comments: