Saturday, July 26, 2008

happiness in lemonade.

Life has been a stress feast lately. Last night, I relaxed for the first time in about 8 weeks. I decided, while listening to the sounds of the Utah Symphony, laying on a blanket, and staring up the mountains, that I need to try a little harder in finding joy in the little things in life. So here are four little things that gave me joy today.

1. Drinking ice cold basil lemonade. It was so good.
2. Listening to Beethoven's 5th Symphony. All 4 movements.
3. Watching the stars as they slowly appeared over Deer Valley.
4. Driving home, listening to my favorite songs.

2 comments:

sallysue said...

Oh, it was lovely.
And, congratulations to you all, you're done!
Thanks so much for everything.

BYU Fish said...

I keep wanting to make it up to Deer Valley as a patron and not a performer. Is it really lovely out there on the blankets? It's really hot and muggy under the amphitheatre tent thingy....but if it makes someone's day like it did yours then all the sweat and stickyness is worth it! Glad you had some JOY!! You m'dear DESERVE IT!