Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Fall Dessert

Not that I need any more sugar in my life, but there are some things you just don't pass up. This was delicious and I really don't like pumpkin. I think I will count it as a vegetable serving.

oh, and please serve it with REAL whipped cream. None of that canned airy chemical stuff my kids like to spray at each other.

Warm Pumpkin Crumble with Whipped Cream

Crust
1 yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup for topping)
½ cup soft margarine
1 egg (beaten)
Mix together & press (with floured finger tips) into 9 x 13 cake pan

Filling
1 - 29 oz. can pumpkin (do not use fresh pumpkin)
2 tsp. cinnamon OR 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 cup “packed” brown sugar
3 eggs (beaten)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
½ tsp. ginger
Combine ingredients and mix well; pour over crust

Topping
1 cup reserved cake mix
½ cup sugar
¼ cup soft margarine
Mix together & sprinkle over top of filling (mixture will resemble course crumbs)

½ cup chopped nuts—sprinkle over topping (optional)

Bake @ 350 for 1 hour (test by inserting knife---knife should come out clean)
Serve with dollop of whipped cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumkin - Vegetable, yes I believe you can count that! And thank you for the recipe.

Unknown said...

mmmm SOunds YUMMY! I think your brother would even eat this!!