Monday, October 1, 2012

The "Relief Society General Meeting" Weekend

I spent Saturday evening at the church's Conference Center for the Relief Society General Meeting. Sister Linda Burton, Sister Carole Stephens, Sister Linda Reeves and President Eyring spoke. Each gave such inspiring messages. 

 (from left to right) Sister Stephens, Sister Burton, Sister Reeves

I decided not to take notes that night, instead, I just focused on the feeling in the room and listening. Each one of these sisters are amazing. I got the chance to know them last year when they came to Women's Conference. Sister Burton is one of the nicest women I have ever had the opportunity to meet. Last spring, during a particularly trying moment (over the phone) at WC, I was in the reception room, leaning against a wall, with my back to the room. I had just hung up the phone when this arm went around me and this voice said, "You seem burdened, how can I help. Put me to work, I'll do anything you need". Yes, it was Sister Burton, the newly called Relief Society President who was now (only 3 weeks into her calling) - was asking how she could help me. 

She and her counselors are kind, humble, inspired, smart, spiritual and funny. They are inspired and entrusted to guide the women of today. Their lives have been full of triumphs, heartache, sweet moments and tragedies. I highly suggest listening to their messages. You will grow. I did.

You can listen by clicking here.

No comments: