Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our first summer getaway


Last year I only took the kids on one summer trip for a few days. This year I have promised to do better.

My good friend Annette was inspired this past weekend to invite us to spend three days at their cabin in Midway. It had been a long, horrid weekend and I really needed the break.

Midway is located just West of Heber Valley (up Provo Canyon). It looks like a Swiss village that would sit beneath the Alps, or in this case, Mt. Timpanogos.

I spent most of my time just relaxing. It was a bit cold, but so beautiful. The cabin views were spectacular and had I any foresight whatsoever, I would have taken a camera. However, I did take some pictures with Annette's camera so when I get them, I shall post them.

Some of our favorite parts:
1. Annette's pancakes (raspberry)
2. Riding the 4-wheelers with the older boys up the mountain (cc)
3. Swinging on the porch swing with Mom (raspberry)
4. Playing guitar hero on their Wii (cc and mom)
5. Playing Pit with all the adults and kids (raspberry was in charge of the bell)
6. 4-wheeling up the mountain side with Annette's family and then walking another 1/2 mile to an overlook of the entire valley (cc & mom)
7. Talking to Mark, Annette's husband (cc) by the pond and seeing the animals (the beaver and the ducklings)

It was a fun and needed break (for me). Thank you Annette (and family). We had such great time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOunds like you had fun! A much needed break. I can't wait till we can get away for a few days but with no car makes it hard lol! Hoping this weekend but not holding our breath!