Friday, February 20, 2009

Don’t waste the pretty.



I read this book a while back and recently watched this movie.



I liked them both… felt almost enlightened really...so when
raspberry told me that a boy named Jack was being mean and
pushing her at school, did I lovingly tell her that he
pushed her and was mean to her because that’s how boys
act when they like a girl?

Not a chance. I said, ‘Shove him back and say in a big-mean-voice
Leave Me Alone!
He will cry or he will run away but he will leave you alone.’

Her reply was, ‘But mom, teacher will turn my card to orange.’

Sweetheart, that is okay with me.



Follow up that evening…


So how was school? Was Jack mean to you?

‘I just played with Rhett and ignored Jack.’

Who is Rhett?

‘He’s in my class and he is nice and he shares his crayons with
me. So I’m going to play with Rhett. I told Jack to go away and
he had to sit in his chair because teacher saw him and now
he gets in trouble.’

So no more Jack.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good for her! I had a boy bully me when I was in the 5th grade, because he liked me. He would punch me! Jerk!

byufish said...

Wish she had decked him....I would have! Who cares about the color of your card....give me RED! LOL...just kidding raspberry....YOU don't want to be the bully do you?!

byufish said...

Oops...I forgot my word verification: Sometimes there are alotsh of boys you just want to slap!

K-SUN said...

I saw the movie too. "You are the rule, not the exception." I keep giving my friends harsh reality checks with that line. Great talk to raspberry, more of us women should go for the nice guys anyhow.

Willy in Chile said...

you go raspberry! i love that you told her that. an echo of my own mother.

you can be my mom #2.

Unknown said...

I have a very very smart neice. Way to go Raspberry oh and good try J.