Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why not?

Raspberry's bed time ritual usually includes a bath, sometimes a shampoo (if I can get her to hold still). Her bath time ritual is fun to watch. She has all sorts of bubble potions along with her drowning assortment of plastic animals that she periodically 'saves', if she feels they deserve it. However, now she has a thing for showers. So yesterday when I told her to jump in the bath she asked if she could have a shower.

'can I wear my bathing suit, I want to have a swimming party'

I gave the typical mom answer of, no. No swimming suits in the shower.
Both she and CC looked at me at the very same time and said,

'why not?'

Well, I don't know.

Because a normal parent is supposed to say no to things like that.

I didn't have one good reason.

They just looked at me. I just looked at them.
Really. who am I to squelch a pretend swim party in the bathtub?



Go at it babe. Have a fun time in the shower...



she did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that's a great idea! I think Raspberry is the most imaginative person I think I have ever known and I agree...Why Not? Life is full of No's I like the Why Nots.

Jenn -- said...

She is EXACTLY like you.