Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tuesday Reflections


In the attempt to remove chaos from my room and create my own personal 'space of relaxation and peace', I have moved my bed, emptied my closets for Deseret Industries, removed an old dresser, and organized papers, books and keepsakes. There are a just a few things left out that I have yet to put in its proper place. I was so close to that serene space that everyone dreams about.

And yet when I came home from work today and went upstairs to change...
-I was blocked by the door completely (stuffed animals having a sleep over)
-I couldn't walk across the carpet (homework, pencils, crayons, books and paper)
-I stepped on a plate (crumbs from some extremely delicious snack that I didn't eat)
-I toppled over a glass of milk perched precariously on the end of my TV stand.

It is then that I realized what the chaos is really about. I know, she looks innocent enough, but you can't win. Ever.



No comments: