Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Target Pants

This past Saturday Em and I went to Target for a few groceries. We wandered through the girls clothing section and I bought her a cute pair of black pants with a black and white striped skirt attached (that actually went to her knees). It was cute. She liked it, I liked it, it was on sale, so we bought it.

Fast forward Monday morning to the 8 year old who threw a fit because she hated the pants on. 

"Too tight, too weird, I look funny" 
"You look adorable"
"I don't want to look adorable!"  
"Why did we buy them in the first place?" 
"Because I wanted to go to the toy section so I said I liked them"
 Instant punishment for that comment. 
"Guess what? You get to wear them, go get your coat on" (Wailing, gnashing of teeth)

Monday evening. Picked her up at her aunts. The cute pants had been ripped through the knee and the skirt had been cut with scissors.  




Seriously? Oh, she's in trouble.
She had to write me a letter of apology. 
 
 She wasn't happy. She had to pay me $10 out of her money and then she had to write down her own punishment if she did it again. And on top of that I made her help me clean the basement.


(Heart felt letter of apology...sure)

My favorite part was the grounding for 400 years.

I can't believe she cut up those pants.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this girl, even when she writes defiant apologies--love the look on her face : )