Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a new year.

Yesterday, the kids and I did our annual 'what we want to do in 2011' FHE. Such fun. 

Brax had a great list. I reminded him to write down, 'driver's license'.  He was more interested in finishing his novel. Unfortunately we had to include scouts. I could be shot down for that one. Yes, I know, there is no wonderment where my children get certain personality traits.

I tried and tried to get Emma to write, "I'm going to be baptized". We 'debated' over it for a while. She didn't flinch. That kid is a rock. We finally settled on, "sharing her testimony more" - her idea. She does think it is important to be baptized. She understands it as she should, but she isn't 'going under water' mom.  And, honestly, I doesn't matter how many times I show her pictures of the Savior in the water with John or read her a book on baptism (really cute book, you can buy here. No it didn't work. 

She reminds me constantly of the time I dunked her in her grandparents swimming pool in St. George this past summer. For the record,I did not dunk her. I was holding her and merely took us under. Not a good move apparently.  Hank practiced with her a couple of months ago. I thought she was ready to go. Not so much. So we will wait until she is ready. She suggested 9 or 10 (years old). That means the missionaries have to come over to teach her. 

I wonder what the bishop will say. :)

I think we may have to try swimming lessons in the spring.

Anyway, it was a fun evening. 






1 comment:

Melissa said...

That Emma! What a crack up! I can't believe how giant your kids are, Jenn! Where does the time go? I still remember picking Brax up at what, preschool? Really? He is considering a drivers' license? Do they give those to five year olds now?