Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Touch. Cry. Smile. Dance and Wink.

Our family 'happy' meter was running low this week. We had minor surgery on a neck and teeth, doctor visits, flu shots, tighting of braces & bands, too many needles, and stitches.

Luckily, we did have quite a few happifyers that helped us dump the 'blah' from this week.

Touch.
Sometimes you are made happy just by a loving touch.
Here are 3 scriptures on touch that I love. Found in Daniel. Dan. 10: 10, 16, 18
10 ¶ And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
16 And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me.


Cry:
Flu shots are no fun and are certainly not a happifyer, but...





Smile.

then you can go to Cold Stone to eat and laugh.
Ice cream brightens up any sad face.









Dance.

The first 7th grade dance! We practiced in the kitchen. He wouldn't take a picture practicing, but I did get a shy smile when I asked him if he was excited to go. He did dance and helped out a very cool DJ that happened to be a friend of mom's. 'That was awesome mom'!







Wink.
Sometimes all you need to happify your day is a wink and a great big beautiful smile.


5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I always love all your pictures. The crying one is so sad!! :(

Jenn -- said...

It's true, she can pour on the tears. :) Luckily the hysteria stopped before we walked in. She just glared at the doctor.

Andrea said...

It sounds like you've had a pretty stinky week. Hopefully next week will be better.

Unknown said...

I love the post. The video of raspberry doesn't work - I couldn't open it! Hope you are feeling better. Cush

Melissa said...

She is just too cute, I can't get over how big she is! I remember her as a little bulldozer of a toddler, much like Madilynn these days! Hope you're doing good!